Get Ready To Bark!
Join us August 25th for Bark in the Park, a 2K Walk/5K Run to raise funds for homeless and neglected pets in Sioux Falls and the surrounding communities.
Every dollar raised at Bark in the park helps provide nurturing care, medical treatment and more to the nearly 10,000 animals who come through the Sioux Falls Area Humane Society each year.
With your support, these animals will get the care they need and the help to find their forever homes. That's something worth barking about!
Dogs are welcomed and encouraged to attend this event.
Registration and Donation Will Be Open Soon!
Registered volunteers are welcome to help at the walk!
Contact Dana HERE to sign up!
8:30am - Early Registration Opens
Rescues & Businesses
Spend time visiting the businesses and rescues that are participating at Bark in the Park!
- Dakota Dachshund Rescue
- Sioux Empire Pit Rescue
- Animal Studio Photography
- Retrieve a Golden of Minnesota
Want to have a booth the day of the event? Contact Allison HERE
10:00am - Walk/Run Kick-Off
Don't be late! Walkers will head North, Runners will head South and follow the marked path!
Please remember to be courteous to other people enjoying the bike path that day
and always be on the lookout for bikers.
11:00am - Pet Contests
Once you've returned to Pasley Park, enjoy visiting with the Rescues and Businesses again
and get ready for the Pet Contests! Contest include:
- Beastly Bark: Dog with the loudest bark
- Prettiest Pooch: Best dressed female dog
- Handsome Hound: Best dressed male dog
- Best Trick: Best trick performed.
- Furriest Friend: Dog that sheds the most fur in a fixed amount of time
- Sloppiest Kiss: Dog that cleans their owner's face of peanut butter the fastest.
Noon - Bark in the Park concludes
All activities will close.