Thank you for thinking of the Sioux Falls Area Humane Society for your group volunteer project!
We love to have organizations or corporations volunteer their time with us in support of our mission!
REQUIREMENTS & GUIDELINES
- All volunteers must be 16 years of age or older.
- Group size. We ask that service groups be limited to groups of 10-12 at a time if possible.
- Wear comfy clothes! When you come to volunteer at the shelter there are a variety of things you might be asked to do as a service group. Service group activities could possibly include dog walking, kennel cleanup, cat cuddling and grooming, small animals socialization, grounds cleanup and maintenance, laundry, washing food bowls, lobby cleaning, etc.!
SERVICE GROUP IDEAS & OPTIONS!
- HOST A DONATION DRIVE!
The most helpful group volunteer project are groups that are willing to hold donation drives! SFAHS is fully supported by the community and fund our lifesaving work with both in-kind donations and monetary donations.
For a full list of items that we are always in need of, please refer to our Wish List, which also includes a link to our Amazon Wish List! Our shelter is always in need of supplies ranging from pet care products to office and cleaning supplies!
Want your drive listed as one of the events on our calendar, or like us to share your event on our social media? Contact Allison K. with any event notifications at email@example.com
When you complete your drive, please bring your donations to the Sioux Falls Area Humane Society during our shelter's open hours. Staff at the front office can sign off on any paperwork and provide a tax donation form. We would love to host your group for a tour of the shelter and thank you in person for your amazing efforts when you come up to the shelter.
- DIPPED BONES
Supplies needed: - Milk Bones (Preferably Natural-based) - White Almond Bark
Step 1: Heat up the almond bark on a stove top or microwave it until it melts. Be careful! It will be very hot! Also be careful to not get any water into the bark, or it will harden quickly.
Step 2: Dip the bone halfway into the almond bark and lay flat on parchment paper to dry. You may need to stop occasionally and re-heat the almond bark as it starts to harden.
Step 3: Place them in a Ziploc bag and label them as dipped milk bones with the date. If you would like to package them yourself, an approximate amount is about 8 dipped bones per bag, depending on the size of Milk-Bones that you used!
Step 4: Give yourself a pat on the back and bring the treats into the shelter!
- PENNY WARS
This is a great fundraiser for schools! Each team or class has a bucket for collecting coins or dollar bills for a set amount of time. The value of any donation collected by a team counts towards that team's point total. Every cent counts as 1 point (example: 1 penny = 1 point, 1 dime = 10 points).
The object is to be the team with the most points at the end of the "war". After the winner has been determined, the money raised can be donated to the shelter as a monetary donation or it may be used to purchase items from our Wish List. There are items are always in need of!
- Bake Sale
- Garage Sale
- Sell Dog Treats
- Holiday Party with suggested donation to SFAHS
- Silent Auction with proceeds to SFAHS
- Chili cook-off for donations per entry or vote with proceeds to SFAHS
- Taco or nacho bar at work for donations to SFAHS
- Car Wash
- Book Sale
- Gift Wrapping for donations to SFAHS
- Loose change as donation jar for SFAHS
- Casual Friday/Jeans Day at work
If you're unable to host a fundraiser as a corporation for the shelter, please consider being a sponsor for an annual event! For more information on our special annual events and becoming a sponsor, contact Allison K at firstname.lastname@example.org